Aloha MMS Ohana - this message is for families who have a child participating in volleyball as part of Molokai Middle School Athletics. The season is in full swing and the students are working hard at practice and in school. We have two volleyball tournament dates set for Friday, Nov 18 and Dec 2. These tournaments will take place immediately after school starting at 12:30pm. For those who make the travel team, athletes will go to Maui for a tournament on Dec 10.
Volleyball Practice Schedule
Group A - Coaches Kumu Ka'awa Richardson and Mrs. Mowat
- Practice on Monday and Wednesday
- Study Hall - Tues and Thurs
Group B - Coaches Aunty Suli and Coach Dan
- Practice on Tuesday and Thursday
- Study Hall - Mon and Wed
UPDATE to Study Hall Requirements
- Students are encouraged to attend study hall especially if they need academic support.
- IF a student has a 3.0 GPA or higher (B average), attendance to study hall is OPTIONAL. GPA based on the 1st Qtr report card. Any student below a 3.0 GPA should attend study hall.
- This adjustment was made for volleyball because practice is off-site at Molokai Baptist Church and study hall could not take place prior to practice on the same day.
- Students who have GPA below 2.0 will be placed on academic probation and cannot participate in any game until their grades are brought up.
- Students who have been suspended or have outstanding detentions may be in-eligble to play or travel.
If you have any questions please reach out to Mr. Kahale, the MMS athletics coordinator, or your child's coach. - Mahalo!